DYI Ombre'

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:12 AM

Having been cursed with extremely curly/ frizzy hair, I have never been able to be daring with my cuts. Always keeping my hair fairly long with the exception of the time I donated my hair to Locks for Love, but even so, it was still slightly above my shoulders.  I have toyed with the idea of a pixie cut, or a long bob, but I fear I would end up looking like a lost member of the Jackson five rather than Twiggy.  That being said, I have never been afraid to play with color.  I have been Brown, Black, Blonde, Highlighted, Magenta, Red and for the past few years ombre'.  It really started by accident.  Once I had my son and my free time was not as abundant as it once was, I was unable to make my monthly trips to the salon to get highlighted.  I began dying my roots as the highlights grew out.  I was in desperate need of a hair cut and went to a new Salon that offered the ombre' look!  I was excited to have a professional execute a look I had been pulling off for months.  What did I get? A one process black hair color.  Nary a highlight, let alone the gradient ombre' look.  Again, I tried a professional, but this time, I ended up looking like the love child of Tony The Tiger and Ginger Spice.  Orange and yellow stripes right to the root, again no ombre'!  A full fledged debacle.  I could not be seen with this hair.  I had events to attend... I could not have this hair live in infamy through photographs.  I took my hair new hair don't to Sally's Beauty Supply and pleaded for help. Within 25 Minutes I had new root color, toners, conditioners for over processing, and new techniques to execute the exact look I was going for.  I think it turned out ok.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to the ladies at Sally Beauty Supply, Providence Highway in Dedham, MA!  

You Might Also Like

1 comments