Spring and Summer Trend Alert

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:20 AM

It has been a while since I have written anything for Sparkle and Slippers, due to a very busy and more importantly a very snowy winter. Just this week we hit a record here in Boston for the snowiest winter in recorded history.  I have been unable to put together anything cute, and even more unable to take any blog pics with 4 feet of snow on the ground.  So as we move at a glacial pace into the Spring and Summer, I thought I would tell you about some of my favorite trends for the upcoming seasons.



La Boheme:
Straight from the runways of the Alberta Ferretti, Etro, Emilio Pucci and Chloe Spring 2015 shows comes an updated Marrakech hippy style that we all know and love. Expect feathers, florals, lace, and flowy sillouettes in the form of ready-to-wear maxi dresses and kimonos.







Fringe:
It's baaaack... Whether it be hanging from a shirt, layered on a skirt or an accent on a bag, fringe is everywhere this Spring.  Certainly not a trend to go overboard, it is always nice to have an accent piece.




Bucket Bags:
Since the introduction by Louis Vuitton in 1932,  the bucket bag has been a trend that has been in and out of fashion for decades.  This year it goes hand in hand with the ever so popular hippy bohemian trend.  As a cross the body or a shoulder bag I can assure you, you will see them all over the streets this season.
This AYK Bucket bag is beautifully hand crafted by Angie Kim and on the top of my list for must haves.




Jumpsuits:
I have been in love with jumpsuits since the first time I saw Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface.
The past few years we have been seeing more and more jumpsuits make appearances on runways, but it seems anything goes for Spring 2015.  Whether it be a chambray utility, a cut out, or cinched leg jumpsuit, you will be able to find a jumpsuit for almost any body type as well as for just about any occasion.   






Slides: Much like flip-flops, slides are so easy to slip on and go.  Thanks to higher end designers you can now have that effortless slide look  with a polished feel.  


Loeffler Randall

Kate Spade 


J. Crew


Birkenstock


Over Sized Sunnies:  I absolutely love sunnies!!  In addition to protecting my eyes, I often times throw them on to cover my face when I am not wearing make up, or to make a big and bold statement.
Here are a few that I am coveting this season.



XX,
EE
 


You Might Also Like

1 comments