Rebirth and RenewalThursday, May 19, 2016 4:30 AM
Good Thursday Morning!!
It is Spring and beautiful! Be carefree! Enjoy and love your life!
When I saw this Free People dress, I had to have it. I absolutely love to wear dresses all Spring and Summer. The longer sleeve on this particular dress is just perfect for Spring weather.
What I wore:
Dress / Bag / Sandals
They say Spring is a time of rebirth and renewal.
Saying 'goodbye' to the old and 'hello' to the new.
Babies are born, things are in bloom, everywhere we look things are new, and fresh.
We Spring clean and get rid of clutter. Not only should we do this with our surroundings, but in our minds. Rid ourselves of our blockages, things that hold us back and toxic relationships.
Let's face it, more of us than not have had a toxic relationship. Whether it is with a parent, friend, or significant other, it is always hard to break ties with a toxic person. Recently I have been trying to help a friend get out of, and over a very harmful relationship. I can see it is still too fresh and she has quite a road ahead of her, but having been there all I can do is be supportive and remind her that she is worth and deserves so much more.
Here are some identifying factors or a toxic person:
1. Nothing will ever be their fault... ever.
They lie, steal, cheat, provoke arguments... but it is never their fault.
2. They are never there for you. Ever. No matter what.
They will ruin birthdays, holidays, or any day that is important. If you need them, they are no where to be found.
3. They are always the 'tragic' victim.
They have no money, their job stinks, everyone is against them
4. They will never see you, your need, your love, your pain, your loneliness, your accomplishments.
Everything is about them... always.
5. Their way or the highway.
They can flip flop on an issue or idea, but you ALWAYS have to be on board.
6. They never admit they are wrong. Ever.
7. Silent treatments and neglect can and do go on for weeks at a time, ESPECIALLY if you point out one of their flaws.
8. When you finally leave or cut ties, they make stories up about you.
You know the one with a crazy ex, crazy mom, no friends because they all betrayed him/her.
9. While you do everything possible for your relationship, they do nothing, except point out that you do nothing.
10. They are verbally abusive.
Here are some tools to help, when you are finally ready...
1. Delete and block them from your phone.
because they are manipulative and can weasel back in at a weak moment.
2. DO NOT EVER look at their social media
It only hurts you. It prevents you from moving forward. Block all social media.
3. Remind yourself daily that the negative opinion they have of you and all of the negative things they said to you are just not true.
It is their own insecurities. They try to break you, to have control of you.
4. Know your worth
You should never continue a relationship with anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself.
Relationships are supportive, loving, and not hurtful.
5. Take care of yourself and look your best
Work out, eat right and take care of yourself!
6. Recognize the addictive game
As human beings we naturally try to prove ourselves to those who reject us. Sometimes we can trick ourselves into thinking there are deeper emotions, when really it is our reaction to rejection.
6. Acknowledge your part
After so many times of being disrespected and let down by these people, don't continue to ask why he or she does this to you. They get away with it because you allow it. Once you stop allowing it, they will withdraw from you because they know they can not control and manipulate.
7. There is always Revenge...
I AM KIDDING!!!
One of my favorite sayings
I hope some of those tips were helpful to you or someone you know who might being dealing with something similar.
Whew!! That was kinda heavy...