So It's SeptemberMonday, September 5, 2016 4:30 AM
This is a sponsored post provided by Tobi; all opinions are my own
Happy Labor Day!
So here we are the 5th day of September. I have always had a love hate relationship with September, and here's why:
(let's start with cons because I like to end on a positive note)
1. I know that Summer technically doesn't end until the end of the month, but let's be honest, by all intents and purposes Summer ends when kids go back to school. No more beach days and staying up late. Boo.
2. It is the beginning of the end. From here on in, it will only get darker and colder. The countdown has begun until next Memorial Day
3. The days are already noticeably shorter, so I feel the need to hibernate and go to sleep at 6:30 PM
Hey, only three cons... not so bad!
1. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!! Since my 20th Birthday (which I am convinced I had a midlife crisis trying to find the meaning of life) I have not been too psyched about the passing years. That being said, to combat the birthday blues, I try and celebrate the whole month. I have an anything goes attitude. I buy myself things I normally wouldn't, and indulge and rationalize a slightly more as well. This birthday is a BIG one, so who knows what the month will bring.
2. It is less humid and slightly cooler. Better sleeping weather, and WAY better blow drying weather.
3. Change in season brings change in wardrobe. As much as I love sandals and Summer dresses, I always look forward to boots and layers. Fall may be my favorite fashion season. You can accessorize the hell out of it.
4. Road trips. I spend every waking weekend at a beach during the Summer, so when that comes to an end I like to catch up with my friends that aren't at the beach. Almost every Fall since one of my besties moved away from Boston to New Jersey I try to make it down to see her. Usually New York and other fun weekend adventures fall in there as well.
5. Apple and pumpkin picking. While I detest all things pumpkin spice, one of my favorite things to do is go apple or pumpkin picking with my son and family. A tradition we have had since we began having children.
6. Football. Ok, ok, for any of you who really know me, you are probably thinking that someone else is typing this. I have up until about two years ago hated all things sports. My sister and I share the same sentiment. She refers to the NESN Sports channel as Never Ending Sports Nightmare. That being said, I have a son and a while back he began to get very interested in football. This is his first year playing jr. football. He loves it, and it should make for an interesting Fall.
7. The changing leaves. Make no mistake, I loathe when the leaves fall and everything is bare, but when they change to wonderful hues of red, orange and gold, it it simply beautiful!
YEAH, my pros list more than doubles my cons list!
Another fantastic dress from Tobi. I love a comfy sweatshirt dress. Perfect for this time of year. What I especially like about this one, is the pointed hem. Just a slightly different detail to set it apart from other sweatshirt dresses. I styled it a little sporty this time around, but it could for sure be styled with heels and a bomber.
What are your favorite things about September?