Splurge vs. Save: Fall Edition

Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:30 AM

Happy Thursday!
So wow, Hurricane Harvey has been relentless. I have some friends in Houston, thankfully they have stayed out of harms way, but have expressed how awful the widespread devastation is.

Please consider donating to the Red Cross:
  • Text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation (will be added to your phone bill)
  • Call 1-800-RED-CROSS to donate

Are you excited for the long weekend? Nolan has his first football game of the season on Sunday.  We are excited for that as well as getting some relaxation in. It has been a crazy couple of days being back at school!


I am not a super impulsive buyer, I like to think about things before I make purchases, especially big purchases.  Sometimes I see a bag, or a certain pair of shoes that I obsess about until they find their way into my closet but on quite a few occasions I have been burned and bought a big ticket item only to have a dupe out weeks later for a fraction of the price.  It has happened on so many occasions that I would like to say I have learned my lesson.  The most recent of these occasions was early last Spring when I bought the Loeffler Randall gold star wrap sandals for $195. Granted $195 isn't completely breaking the bank, but when I saw almost identical sandals a few weeks later in F21 for $17, I had a fit.

I saw these Stuart Weitzman booties weeks ago and it was my plan to buy them as a birthday gift to myself, UNTIL I saw the Steve Madden version for a lot less... Yes please!

Below I have compared a list of Splurge vs. Saves, enjoy!

xx, Elise


Jewel heeled booties
Splurge vs. Save




Fur and velvet Mules

Splurge  (top)
vs. Save




Belt
 Splurge  (top)
vs. Save 




Ring cross body
 Splurge vs. Save  




Velvet backpack
 Splurge vs. Save




Tiger Trend Sweater
Splurge vs. Save 


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Sometimes the "save" items look just as good if not even better. I love this kind of posts, keep them coming!

    ~ Lora | Cherry Cola Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such good taste and such a great eye for fashion! Thank you for including information about the Red Cross, so very important! You are a sweetie and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colored mules are SO cute! Love the green option...I just wish they'd stay on my feet! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these dupes! Great sourcing, babe. And Hurricane Harvey is SO devastating- I've been giving and donating wherever I can. :(

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such great budget options! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing are these steals! Love the jeweled booties!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! My friend had to be rescued by jet skis and they were completely flooded. So awful.
    Jaymie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great roundup of such similar options!!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. The floods have been insane - so heartbreaking. We've been seeign a lot of it on the news here. I'm glad your friends are safe.

    It's good to have that escape into blog land though, to drool over pretty things like you've shared here in your post :)

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Wow! Great job finding them. Have a great Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good splurge/save find! You found so many good ones! I bought those Loeffler Randall sandals too and wish I had found a dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your finds are quite impressive! Loving all the fall fashion inspo!
    Have an awesome day!
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nowadays it almost seems like it's not worth it to consider the more expensive options when you know a great dupe is going to come out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are adorable, the some items on 'splurge' even look better, in my opinion. such as the Ring Crossbody bag from Forever21.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete