Red Stripe and Eternal Love

Friday, October 9, 2015 7:35 AM

Good Friday Morning!  So, I have had these boots for six maybe seven years.  I have worn them so many different ways, so many times, I love them!  A few years back they were looking really worn, the soles were getting holes, the leather was wearing off the heels, and basically they had seen their day.  I contemplated breaking up with them all together, but I found I just could not. I started pairing them with longer flared pants so you could not see the wear and tear, and eventually they were spending more time in the back of my closet among the abyss of older and more seasonal shoes.  I purchased other boots in hopes of replacing the love we once had, but nothing compared, nothing even came close.  So at the tail end of the Summer, when I began thinking of fun Fall outfits, I found myself incorporating these boots back into the rotation.  I knew something had to give, they couldn't go on the way they have been, so I decided to bring them to the cobbler (who even knew cobblers were still in business).  For $50 they got new leather wrapped heels and were resoled and thus our love affair has been rekindled!

Do you have anything you can't live without?

Hope you all have an amazing Holiday Weekend!

xx,
EE   























What I wore:
Tank: MADEWELL SOLD OUT similar tee here and here
Cardi: MADEWELL similar here and here
Jeans: Paige Denim similar here  and budget friendly here
Necklaces: MADEWELL
Boots: Dolce Vida OLD similar here and here

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I love those boots for fall. It's so nice that you've gotten so many wears out of them!

    Jenna

    www.thatssofletch.storenvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit! I love the striped tank!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those boots! I really like the striped top too!
    ~~Megan~~
    http://www.poshprime.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit! Definitely something I would wear. Those jeans are great! So happy you were able to fix your boots so you can keep wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit!!!!!! I love those boots!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com
    Fridays Fashions link up

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute! I love those jeans!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were able to save your old boots! I think they still look great. It's hard to say goodbye to a great fitting pair of boots!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look from head to toe! Such an effortlessly chic look :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love the red stripes!! I love how you remix your favorite item!!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so weekend chic! Love this entire look -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so weekend chic! Love this entire look -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. A good cobbler is worth his weight in gold! Those booties are adorable! Glad you were able to bring them back to life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classic + polished, but relaxed, too. LOVE!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you combine clothes and the combination of colors that you choose. And lovely pictures!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute shirt, I have an obsession with striped shirts. I definitely need one with red stripes too!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  16. These boots are so cute! Glad you were able to save them :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a huge fan of the stripes and that top is perfect, the whole look is great.

    ReplyDelete