Soft Neutrals

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 8:10 AM

Happy Hump day!  As I try (and I stress try) to stray from my usual black, white and gray to incorporate more color into my wardrobe I find that I tend to go to lighter, softer colors.  I love a nude, blush, buff, peach, coral color. They are so soft and feminine.  I bought this Free People sweater during the summer.  It has been a great early fall transitional piece.  With it's open back  it was perfect in hotter months over a bralette with white jeans or denim cutoffs, but with the cooler weather a tank and booties are in order.  I am also in love with these peep toe booties.  I will be the first to say that when this trend came in a few years back, I was NOT on board.  A peep toe bootie?  Why wear a boot, and have your toes out?  What is the point?  It was a total conundrum for me.  I have since purchased quite a few pair, and they are perfect with dresses and in the Summer, and jeans in the early Autumn before it gets too chilly here in the Northeast.

Are there any trends you did not get or like but have since succumb to?

Hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday!

xx,
EE


















What I wore:
Sweater: Free People 
Jeans: Zara 
Tank: H & M  
Booties: Nordstrom  

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Love neutrals and you're right, this sweater is such a great transitional piece. It looks great with those booties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the back detail of your sweater and those booties!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Loving the neutrals and I'm dying over those booties!!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sweater! I want peep toe booties so bad!! :)
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. blushes and nudes are great colors! they count!
    xoxo - katestylepetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweater! The open back is so fun. And those are the same colors that I've been loving lately!

    Sierra
    Sierra Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is adorable! I love lighter, feminine colors because they are easier to pair with most colors and accessories. Nude and blush are perfect for pairing with black and olive for fall!

    Jenna

    www.thatssofletch.storenvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always get stuck in an all black rut too! Love this sweater
    Emma | With A City Dream

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cozy yet sexy sweater - I love everything Free People!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had my eye on this sweater & those booties for so long!! Both pieces on you make me want them even worse!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the detailing on the back on the top! It's so unexpected and fun!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the detailing on the back on the top! It's so unexpected and fun!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete