Patriotic

Monday, July 6, 2015 11:00 AM


I realize I am a little late, but HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

Usually where a person grows up or spends most of their time, is their normal. I have lived and visited many other places and thoroughly enjoyed observing how other people spend their free time and holidays all over the country.  I have experienced Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the Fourth of July in California.  I loved to see palm trees decorated in lights and Santa wearing shorts, but it just didn't feel like Christmas.  Thanksgiving to me is all about seeing old friends, crisp sweater weather and football, and while the Fourth of July was adorably quaint in North Dakota, it still wasn't MY normal.

Maybe it is because we only get a few short weeks of Summer that New Englanders really like to enjoy the Fourth of July to it's fullest.  To me The Fourth is the official kick off to Summer and must be spent at the beach and there is no better way to celebrate our independence from the British than surrounded by white picket fences, patriotic bunting, the beach, family, friends, BBQs, day drinking and fireworks!

I hope you all had an amazing holiday weekend!

XX,
EE






Being goofy


a boy and his Papa

Edgartown Harbor Light






The Pied Piper



The first on many mimosas


You don't have to tell me more than once.

I know a few people who should have this.

who knew Brittany was a dog? 

My girls!! 

Friends for 25 years!

Some vodka /pink lemonade concoction.  I don't remember the name, but I remember it was DELISH!

Bombs

bursting

in

air!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh the fireworks look spectacular! Looks like you had a great time.

    http://hiandbye28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete