black puffer coat

Black Puffer

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:30 AM

Good Morning Loves! 
I hope you week has started off well. 
The weather of course has been nuts.  The two feet of snow we got last week has all melted due to the few days of mild temps. Saturday started off in the sixties, it then rained, got sunny again, super windy, and then temps plummeted into the teens just in time for the Pats game. 

Do you guys have that thing that when someone falls, you uncontrollably laugh?   I do, maybe it is not one of my best qualities, but when I see people take a tumble (and know they are ok) I get hysterical.  That somebody was me this weekend. We went to dinner at a bar / restaurant that was packed with people tuning into all the playoff games. On my way back from the rest room, my boot slid, I twisted my ankle and in what seemed to be slow-mo, I ended up on the floor in a split. Luckily, one of my better qualities is being able to laugh at myself... I was in tears from laughter. I chuckled all night and all day yesterday every time I thought about it.  Unfortunately I twisted my ankle and have been limping around, but I am thinking it isn't too serious. 

I have challenged myself to not purchase any clothing, shoe, accessories in the month of January.   
Here we are halfway through the month and I am finding it isn't as difficult as I would have thought. This challenge has forced me to look deep into my closet and get creative. 
This puffer coat is a few years old, and I always forget I have it. The collar is my absolute favorite, so it is being brought back into the rotation. 

Have you ever gone on a shopping ban? 

xx, Elise














coat similar here and here  / top / scarf / jeans / bag / boots similar here/ sunglasses  


You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. HA! I'm on the same "no purchase" till the end of the month too. Which is good, because there is nothing that I really NEED (but tons of things I want!!). Stay warm, love this cute puffer!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I do the exact same thing! Like uncontrollable laughter when I get on a roll when someone falls. I did something similar when I was Christmas shopping. I was in the parking lot to go to Home Goods and a few cars stopped to let me cross the street, my boot caught a rock and down I went all while the cars were stopped looking at me crossing. I could not stop laughing the whole time I was shopping. Anyway, this puffer coat looks great on you and I LOVE the length! Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these gorgeous rich colors. Plus you look nice and warm..AND BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, it can be SO HARD not to laugh, I feel ya! ;)

    Loving this puffer, babe- I'm in a black puffer on the blog today, too! Puffer twins!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that coat looks so cozy and warm. And I love those boots too. Yes, its hard not to laugh when someone falls. I remember when I was in high school my friend and I were walking to school on an icy sidewalk and neither one of us could stay upright to save our lives. We kept falling down, and then we'd try to help the other person up and end up pulling her down too. It was hysterical. We laughed so hard we cried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not alone, I laugh at people falling all of the time. Even my kids, it's terrible! I'm also on a bit of a shopping ban, I feel like I don't really need anything until it starts to warm up, so that's helping me stay on track! I'm trying to get a few things for my house instead!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laugh when people fall too, I also laugh at myself. I fell at work and landed backwards and just laid there laughing as my boss was making sure I was okay. I am on a bit of a shopping ban as long as it's not something that I *really* need for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute winter outfit! Love those boots!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so understand where you're coming from! I laugh at myself or when I see someone fall...not sure why maybe out of embarrassment? I hope your ankle heals quickly!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coat is so cute, perfect for a cold day
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a very similar coat a couple years ago and the hood was my favorite part!! I think January is an easy month not to spend on clothes because we're so worried about staying warm and really dont want to go anywhere LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  12. I laugh too! Loving this whole look, but especially the color of that scarf <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never gone on a shopping bag, but I should! I just don't know if I have that much will power! Love that fun coat! It looks so warm too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omigosh! I hope your ankle gets better soon! I did give a little giggle when you described what happened. I don't typically laugh when people fall and I hate those videos that show people falling or getting hurt. The way you described it was funny though. In other news you look really cute and stylish in this puffer! Warm AND cute!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, I would do the exact same thing. Just imagining it makes me laugh. Glad you treated your fall with such grace and didn't take it too seriously. I love your puffy jacket too, they are a must where I live right now.

    Lydia
    ChicAndModish.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know you are talking about the puffer jacket, Elise. But I have my eye on your OTK boots and olive green scarf. Both really add a lot to this look!

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is why I love puffer jacket - cute and cozy, and really practical for cold too. Plus, it's so easy to style with other pieces.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute baby Louie V... Last time I tried to order a miniature cross body shoulder strap bag they were totally sold out! Jealous

    Xx
    Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom

    ReplyDelete