free people

Schools Out for Summer!!

Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:30 AM

The Happiest of Thursdays to all of you!! 

Especially because tomorrow is the first day of Summer!! 

I remember when I was little, on the last day of school, my mom and her friends would pack us all in the back of her covered truck (no seat belts) and drive into the city.  We would go for lunch, the candy store and walk around Faneuil Hall Market Place watching the live music and street artists.  It was always such a great kick off to Summer.  Now my son and I have a similar end of the school year ritual, we drive into Harvard Square and go to Boston Burger Company where we eat giant burgers, drink freak frappes and wander the square.  I was lucky enough to have two fun nights in the city with Nolan this week. I find when he wants to hang I take full advantage considering he is 12 and the time remaining that he actually will think I am cool enough to hang out with is dwindling.

On warm Summer nights there is nothing I want to wear than an easy shift dress.
This Free People dress is perfect and I know it will get a ton of wear thought the season.












dress ON SALE available in black here/ bag LV / sandals /  aviators 

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Thanks for reading!

xx, Elise

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Your summer kick-off sounds perfect! And this dress is such a killer summer piece- breezy and cute!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute lil dress!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is just darling! I love the oversized fit that Free People have and it looks like you're going to have some fun for summer!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great start of the Summer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress and how you styled it! Perfect for summer!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great way to kick off summer! Your dress is darling on you! Love the print and airy vibe!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute dress, so perfect with summer! Sounds like you have a lovely tradition too :)

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for summer! Love this look!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so chic in this dress - and you look very comfortable (especially in the summer heat!)
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a darling dress on you! I love the pretty color and the style . Looks so easy breezy and the sandals are perfect with it. Happy Summer!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun ritual and the cutest outfit to go with it! Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good, easy shift dress for Summer too! Keeps you cute and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEEESSS! The last day of school/first day of summer was always my favorite! Our tradition when we were little was to wake up on the first day of summer and grab a popsicle in our nightgown and play on the swing set in our backyard. LOL! I remember like it was yesterday! My Mom would always take our picture that morning too. Such a fun memory, and sounds like you have those as well! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that Free People Barcelona mini-dress!!! It looks very pretty, light, airy, and perfect for Summer! Your hair, eyeshadow, lipstick and toenail polish all look very pretty as well.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute breezy mini dress! Love the carefree style too.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. so lovely you have an end of school ritual with your son. I'm sure he will always remember it.
    You look so lovely in that summer dress.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete