beauty routine

Derma Jade Roller

Friday, August 30, 2019 3:30 AM

Happy Friday! 
Who's excited for Labor Day Weekend? I am, but also sad that the summer is over. Nolan goes back to school Tuesday and as you read this I am helping move my niece into her first year of college <insert crying emoji> 

Let's talk about my...
Derma Jade Roller

Last week while a friend and I were discussing an absurdly expensive moisturizer that left her incredibly disappointed, I realized people still believe commercials. She was actually expecting a plastic surgery effect from a day serum.
You know I love my lotions and serums, but they don't need to be expensive and truthfully it is about the beauty ritual.

Having a good moisturizer is a great start, but it’s not enough. This is the conclusion I’ve reached after so many years of testing thousands of beauty products on my skin. Especially if you’re over 30 (or 40), just applying “a thin layer over the face and neck area” is really not enough. Why? Because with time, gravity leaves some marks that just cannot be avoided. But they can be improved!

Have you ever wondered why are the salon treatments so effective? The esthetician there massages you for an entire hour, applies products in a certain way, pampers you with some very well-thought moves. Maybe you could buy the same products and use them at home, but it’s the ritual that makes all the difference! That’s something you simply cannot buy...or can you?

I had this revelation after paying about $20 for this jade roller and gua sha facial scraping toolI had seen a lot of Instagram posts about jade rollers and assumed they were just a new marketing fad. For me it's one of the best discoveries in years!
At first, I used it to help heavy moisturizer absorb quicker into my skin, but it quickly became part of my nightly beauty routine.

How do I use these tools?
I spread some moisturizer over my entire face, then I use the gua sha board to scrape the entire face. I just roll the jade roller from my forehead toward the neck, working in and upward motion.
After scraping with the gua sha, the jade rolling massage calms my skin and absorbs the
nourishing cream in. I sometimes keep the jade roller in the refrigerator for five minutes, to  appreciate even more the extra coolness of the cold jade.

The cool touch of the jade gua sha and roller instantly revitalizes and energizes the skin. My face feels just like I have visited a spa. The cool roller also really helps with any puffiness.




You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I have a jade roller but I barely use it! That one stone sounds interesting though!

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to try this jade roller.


    check out my post

    http://www.alyinwanderland.com/2019/08/short-sexy-homecoming-dress-from-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a quartz roller and love it! I feel like I'm always worried about how to clean it properly though. I'll definitely have to get looking into a jade one though :)

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/tobermory-adventure-kia-soul/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are convincing me I might need to try this! I never really got it. Your skin is amazing!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right! The massage makes a big difference when applying products. I appreciate some brands have videos on their websites explaining how to apply cremes, but that is just a small part of the whole beauty industry.

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I agree with massage - it's so important and I try to do it as often as I can. Thanks for sharing Elise. You look simply stunning as always. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard such amazing things about the Derma Jade Roller. I really want to try it.

    https://lifewithmins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge fan of this. Thanks for sharing dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thanks for sharing your amazing skincare routine.
    I’ve been searching for others routine where I can get ideas and this one is the best.From now onward I will definitely follow all these steps and I use Stone Facial Roller
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ery nice to see your post!. I like what you wrote in this article.
    I think your article is very helpful about using skin care for me.
    Thank you for sharing your content with us.We have to adopt The best Stone Facial Roller for healthy skin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to share this post.jade face roller is a very good product.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete