date ideas

Valentine Gift and Date Night deas

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 3:30 AM

As far as Valentines Day is concerned, you are either a lover or a hater, right? 

I have never put too much importance on it but believe it should be recognized, but not completely over the top.  I remember in college getting bummed that my 'at the time BF' didn't even acknowledge the holiday.  I believe it was the same year one of my friend's got special lingerie, scattered rose petals on the floor and lit a million candles at her BF's apartment. In typical guy fashion, he didn't realize it was Valentine's Day, went out for drinks with friends, she fell asleep and almost burned down the apartment with candles.  

Many years since those Valentine debacles and I still like to wear hearts, lips, reds and pinks, I still enjoy candies and heart shaped pastry, and I still like to low key celebrate.

Looks of Valentine's Past...




Below is a fun gift guide, things to wear to get you in a Valentines mood, and some date ideas.

Gift Guide...



1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8


What to wear...

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 
7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 


What to do...

Cooking Class- It is fun, educational & delicious.When cooking isn't your strong suit (and restaurant reservations are booked to the max), sign up for a last minute cooking class where you can learn to make each other's favorite meals. Things always tend to heat up in the kitchen.

Apps, Drinks, Dessert- As we all know, to go out on Valentine's Day means reservations,  pre-fixed menus and usually a price hike. Sometimes it is fun to find a nook at a bar with your Valentine, order drinks, apps and share a dessert.  

Picnic and Nextflix - This is my favorite V-Day plan. Whether you are cozying up with the 
Hubs, Boyfriend or your babies it is equally as fun to make all your favorite foods, lay out blankets and pillows, pop some bottles and veg out watching Rom-Coms.    

Did you ever have any Valentine's Day debacles?

xx, Elise

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing all the ideas and gifts.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those pink shoes!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your past Valentine's Day outfits so cute and these are great gift ideas!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such great ideas! I'm not sure if we're doing anything yet but we might do something the weekend before with the kids. That red sweatsuit is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never paid too much attention to Valentine's Day. Probably because I was single for so long and nowadays my husband and I don't like to celebrate it either. We may eat out but that's eat, no gifts or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Valentine’s Day ideas are giving me all the heart eyes! Hot pink and red or two of my favorite colors so this is love and you are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the valentines looks! The hearts, pink and red are so fun to wear!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I like dressing for V-Day (you know me and my holidays!!)...I feel the same way about it as I do NYE. I'm not a huge fan of either! But I am always a fan of all the girly red and pink :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't mind dressing up for Valentine's, but my boyfriend and I tend to keep the date night pretty casual- it's always sushi at our fave spot followed by an action/horror movie, haha!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the heart sweater of yours! And that hot pink dress pick?! Dang! That is so fun! I am loving this fun and festive post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love Valentines Day- with or without a date! It’s so fun to wear red and pink everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfits and gift ideas! We don't really do Valentine's day here, but we might order takeaway if I want an excuse not to cook, haha!

    Hope that your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool ideas for valentine day dear!
    have a nice day! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds and looks! And I love those OTK boots in your past Valentine's Day shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pinks dress at number 2 is sooo cute and sexy! I love it dear, great pick!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice information and if you want to give a fabulous gifts then women gemstones rings will be ideal for any girl as they will be unique as well as a memorable experience too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Thank you for such an amazing information. Your gift Ideas are just an amazing. To get more ideas and online shopping Click Here

    valentine gifts to India  | Birthday Gifts to India |Online Cake to India | Send Sweets to India

    ReplyDelete